List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] 1999.03.27 Harmony update
From:       "Adam J. Richter" <adam () yggdrasil ! com>
Date:       1999-03-28 6:45:37

	I was quite surprised in trying the first six examples
from Troll Tech's Qt tutorial and seeing them just work under
Harmony (well, I did have to change the name of one #include file,
but I've fixed that now).  I have not yet tried the other examples,
but I am quite impressed with the work that was done up to this point.

	Anyhow, I have checked in some build changes to the Harmony
tree, but no code.  The changes are:

		o A number of header files with names slightly different
		  from what Qt have been corrected to match Qt.
		o "make install" installs the header files too
		  (in $prefix/include/harmony).

	There are new source and binary snapshots.  The binary
snapshot is useful because it now includes the header files, so
you can untar it and start trying to compile Qt applications
against it if you're feeling lucky.

	To compile and link Qt applications, you will probably
want to include lines like these in the application's Makefile:

CXXFLAGS+= -I/usr/include/harmony
LIBS+= -lharmony -lImlib -ltiff -lttf -lXmu -lX11

	This should make it relatively easy to try to start
testing Harmony against your favorite Qt application.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."