List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Further Thoughts
From:       Roy Wood <roy () centricsystems ! ca>
Date:       1999-03-11 16:35:18

>> MFC-like approach to an OOP framework.  JX sounds like the best of the
>
>  Yes - wxWindows wraps native widgets. Ick!

Hmm, then you might not be too receptive to the idea of an OOP framework
wrapped around GTK.

:-(

In defense of that idea though, I have some experience with PowerPlant, a
C++ framework which wraps around the meagre MacOS widget set, as well as
adding some additional nice ones (and yes, I know the Appearance Manager
is much richer than the spartan set of traditional controls on the Mac,
but I digress), and it is quite nice to work with.

In fact, PowerPlant is what has inspired me to hope for a decent OOP
framework built around GTK.  I know some work has been done on GTK--, but
I don't know how good it is (and I haven't been able to find time lately
to investigate).  Does anyone listening know much about it?

-Roy