List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Thoughts on QPL
From:       Carl Thompson <cet () elinux ! net>
Date:       1999-03-08 19:33:18

Andy Tai wrote:

> I don't think they will release under the LGPL only for Free Unices, since
> there is nothing in LGPL  that prevents other people from porting LGPLed
> Qt to Windows, that will kill their market...

I don't think there is anything in the QPL to keep people from porting Free
Qt to Windows, either.  But if I believe that the Windows version of Qt is a
separate product and there is no Windows support in Free Qt so porting to
Windows in any case would be pretty hard.  (I could be wrong about this; I
don't know Qt.)

Carl Thompson