List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Thoughts on resuming development.
From:       olet () ifi ! uio ! no (Ole J !  Tetlie)
Date:       1999-02-19 7:20:20

*-Matt Heck <mheck@www.surveyorcorp.com>

| It appears this list isn't as dead as it appeared to be.
|
|    It sounds like there are at least a handful of people that still want
| to see Harmony finished.  There are probably more like me who are

[...]

I'd certainly like to help if Harmony starts up again, but I have
little time so I'll have to code little and talk much. I tried to
gather a group back when we stopped, but only one other person
joined. There seems to be more interest now.

I think there are several good reasons to start up again:

* (L)GPL are the best licences we have.
* We can (ie TT will never win a suit if we don't use their source).
* It's fun.
* We are free to make other technical choices than Qt, as long as
  we implement the same interface (themeing, threads, i18n, ...).
* Make sure TT doesn't do anything funny (if we had a perfect
  Win clone... :-)

--
The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to its feet
in the deepest part of a very deep lake.             (Linus Torvalds)