List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] Isn't the QPL a blessing for Harmony?
From:       Christian Schaller <frostking () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1998-12-04 8:16:06

Sorry for intruding on your mailing list, but I thought of something.
Why should the QPL be a problem for the Harmony project, I mean the QPL
actually enables a fully working Harmony from day one. Why don't make
Harmony into a Qt patch, which replaces the cloned libraries and adds
the new ones, that way the developers who just want to expand upon the
Qt library and those who want to replace the Qt library can continue to
cooperate.
This way Harmony can also be sort of the standard library already for
KDE 1.1. This should be a solution acceptable to all, and enable the
Harmony project to once again move forward and in the end give us a
fully LGPL'ed library.

Christian