List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Peace?
From:       Lokh <Patrice.Fortier () aquarel ! fr>
Date:       1998-11-25 21:54:33

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Jo Dillon wrote:

> Ole J. Tetlie (olet@ifi.uio.no) spake thusly:
> > *-Jo Dillon <emily@thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk>
> > |
> > | Ole J. Tetlie (olet@ifi.uio.no) spake thusly:
> > |
> > |   Hmm. I don't insist by any means but I would appreciate it if you
> > | removed my code; I'm nervous about legal action.
> >
> > Then we will do that. I hope you don't mind if I look in your
> > sources. That should be safe for you. Will you send me (in private)
> > a list of all the files you'd want us to rewrite, or can I figure
> > it out from MAINTAINERS?
>
>   Well, your best bet is using CVS to roll back changes; I've changed
> lots of little things through the source. MAINTAINERS will give you
> an idea of my main contributions.

As some of the developpers touched a bunch of sources, looking at the
cvs is much better :)

> > corporation in case of potential legal trouble.

> > |   Well, if you take my code out you need to write pixmap, image and
> > | font handling. You might want to do that anyway, some of the pixmap
> > | stuff is less than optimal :) Apart from that it's (mainly) a matter
> > | of writing the widgets now - we've done most of the hard work for
> > | you :)

I don't know if Jo will agree but I think you can keep the Image/Pixmap
stuff dealing with Imlib (imlib isn't documented so you won't have to
waste some time on this), and the TrueType part of the font handling.
All these are not in Qt 1.x, and sources of Qt 2.0 are not available.

Jo waht do you think of this?

A last word on pixmap (I don't know for image, and font), MT isn't here
so you'll need to add it (which should be fairly easy anyway).

As far as the name Harmony is concerned, IMHO it should be used by the
project dealing with KDE/Gnome gtk/Qt/whatever :) compatibility.

Just my $0.02

Lokh.