List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] Signal System
From:       Karl Nelson <kenelson () ece ! ucdavis ! edu>
Date:       1998-11-24 18:02:45

Hello,

I am a contributor to the Gtk-- project.  I am in the process of
splitting off the gtk-- signal system into a new library for general
interfacing of C++ objects.   It will provide the same typesafe compile
time signal concepts as Gtk-- without dependence on gtk+, while providing
a flexible API for extensions.

I don't know whether you are targeting source or binary compatiblity.
If you are targeting only source compatiblity, you may find this
code to be of some interest.  As this system is compatable with the
Gtk signal system by design, it might be a decent peice for interfacing
gtk and harmony.

Either way, the library will be distibuted under the LGPL.
Those who are interested can look over the development code at

  http:\\www.ece.ucdavis.edu\~kenelson\private\libsigc++-0.3.tar.gz

It is currently in early API developement and open to public
comment.

Thanks for your time,

--Karl Nelson
  System Programmer