List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] What else you guys could do
From:       florin <florin () bamberg ! baynet ! de>
Date:       1998-11-22 11:39:44

Jo Dillon wrote:
>   Without the backing of KDE I don't see that 3) would be much use,
> except possibly for fun :) I wouldn't be taking part though;
> I'll either be hacking stuff into Qt or working on X or something :)

May I suggest: http://www.berlin-consortium.org (jsut in case :)

I know, this has nothing to do with X right now - at least not
obviously. For those of you  who don't know Berlin: It's going to be a
X-replacement based on GGI (http://www.ggi-project.org), with CORBA to
give it network transparence and Mesa/OpenGL for drawing the UI. I'm
reading their mailing list. I can't say I undertand everything they're
doing, but seems to be something very nice (a GoodThing(tm) ;). And they
will need a toolkit to build the/some GUI. So, I think, if you stop
working on harmony and really
wanna do something useful, have a look at it. It might be difficult
(maybe even impossible) to port Harmony on their system, but you all
have some experience in building GUI-Toolkits, and this could could be
useful.

The project is now in the 'late design - early coding'-phase, so there's
a lot of work to do. They will have their first developer-release pretty
soon.

florin.
--
"Why an Object Looks Like a Jelly Donut"

        -- from the Rhapsody Tuturial