List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Future of Harmony
From:       Olivier Galibert <galibert () pobox ! com>
Date:       1998-11-22 3:58:14

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 10:45:44PM -0500, Mark Hamstra wrote:
> Exactly which mix of these and other objectives
> motivated specific Harmony developers is difficult to say, but it is
> certainly not fair to dismiss creation of common libraries that could be
> used for both open and closed source development as an objective and
> motivation for Harmony developers.

In my case,  you can  dismiss the "use  for  closed source developers"
part right now.  I don't fucking care about closed source developers.

> In other words, much of the motivation for Harmony remains; perhaps
> enough to justify its continuance.

The license is not final yet.

> Look, I don't care how many times you repeat it.  Providing a friendly,
> useable, royalty-free toolkit that could be employed by commercial
> developers *was* one of the points of Harmony,

At least for me, it wasn't.

BTW, you  seem  to forget   something.   If, because of  TT  excessive
pricing or whatever,  there is a  market for an alternative commercial
GUI for KDE, some startup will write and market it.

  OG.