List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] How to start with Harmony?
From:       cet () elinux ! net
Date:       1998-11-21 23:45:52

Hello,

     I'd like to start helping with the Harmony project, so I'd like some
advice on where to start.  I've never done any QT programming, so I need to
get up to speed on the basic concepts.  I understand Harmony uses a signal /
slot architecture?  Is there any place where I can get documentation to get
me started?

     I've also heard that I can't look at any source code or headers from QT
if I'm to work on Harmony.  Is this true?  What about QT API documentation?

     I have many more years of systems programming experience that GUI
programming, especially communications and networking.  Are there any
networking components to Harmony? Do any still need work?  Is there anyone
who keeps track of which developers are working on which features?

     Any help would be appreciated, no matter how basic.

Thank you,
Carl Thompson