List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] ustring class + themes are now ok with g++-2.8.1
From:       Christian Boos <boos () arthur ! u-strasbg ! fr>
Date:       1998-11-04 16:37:08

Preston Brown writes:
 > There is some problem with the ustring class and "older" compilers (here I
 > mean egcs 1.0.2, which is hardly extremely old.  Here's what I get when
 > compiling:
 > Ideas?  I have just commented this class out of the library here on my
 > end, should it be enabled by default?  It is the only class which is
 > giving my compiler fits.

I will comment out ustring from the Makefile.am in my next revision
(soon).
This class is simply a demonstration of a good way to handle normal
strings and wide-character strings rather transparently (IMO).
But it very very experimental :)

 > This is using some of the newer features of c++, but it seems to me that
 > the "template <op_table Op>" part of the definition shouldn't be part of
 > the header (interface), but only of the implementation, where it is

Sure. But I haven't found a good way to hide that :(

Side note: I found what was the problem for the g++-2.8.1 compiler :)
:)
Within a few minutes, you will be pleased to watch our pretty applications
work even when compiled with obsolete compilers :):)
(Preston, could you check if egcs-1.0.2 also works ?)

The problem was that the various dobj_*** classes conflicted silently,
and it was always the motif.cc's dobj_*** virtual paint method which was
called, even if the drawing object was defined in a different file...
(for example, the next.cc QPushButton_F_next object called the
motif.cc dobj_QPushButton::paint method !).

I also changed some QBrush related bugs in motif.cc, feel to do the
same in windows.cc ...

-- Christian