List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] The theme saga continues
From:       Christian Boos <boos () arthur ! u-strasbg ! fr>
Date:       1998-10-28 13:06:44

Jo, I've managed to run your testit app unchanged and without any fix
in my code... but using egcs-2.92 +  namespaces

The feeling that my code trigger some compiler bugs gets stronger...
The drawing works, the -style option too, the button presses handling
are erratic, yes but that's rather a problem of the event handling
code than mine.

Jo Dillon writes:
 > Commenting out line 478 of hthemes.h stops my testit.cc crashing.
 > However, it's now a bit erratic at handling button presses, and also it
 > disregards the -style flag - as far as I can tell it's always Motif style.

Line 478 (destroy_if_needed) is a no-op for all but QScrollBar, and I
don't see any use of scrollbars in your app.

Of course, it crashes also for me with other compilers, and as soon as
I have a g++ 2.8.1, I will also test with that. But since I can't do
extensive configurations tests, I propose that I will do the following:

- develop & test with egcs-2.92 or more
- test with g++-2.8.1 for backward compatibility

Does it sounds ok for you?

I will now check your update to qframe.cc...

-- Christian

PS: you should add it to the CVS, ... as well as your tiny.rc file,
(and change the path to this file in testit.cc)