List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Fix on filling
From:       Olivier Galibert <galibert () pobox ! com>
Date:       1998-10-20 0:42:36

On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 09:25:19PM +0200, Lokh wrote:
> I see a problem with the new brush drawing scheme though.
> To redraw the background of the scrollbar I need to draw the
> background and then the density bitmap. The result is a more
> or less visible flicker (hard to see with style windows but
> obvious with the next one).

You  can't see it  easily with the windows  style because of the magic
fourth line:
  virtual harmony_style_implementation *instantiate(QObject *obj) {
    harmony_windows_QScrollBar *i = new harmony_windows_QScrollBar;
    QScrollBar *qsb = static_cast<QScrollBar *>(obj);
    qsb->setDoubleBuffer(true);  <----
    i->update_values(qsb);
    return i;
  }

> The best thing i was thinking about was to use OpaqueStipple, which
> allow you to do the 2 operations at the same time _if_ the background
> color is correctly set (it was not the case before your modifications).

While  I do agree with  you,  I saw no way   to choose said background
while keeping with Qt's qpainter interface.

  OG.