The whole point of Harmony seems to make KDE run on top of a free GUI library. Your argument goes against the very basic purpose of Harmony, as I understand it. > > Ok, with Relay++, Harmony will not be 100% source compatible with > legacy Qt apps, only, say, 99% (*) > > Perhaps your fear is that the KDE people will avoid using Harmony if it= > is not source compatible with Qt? This is wrong. They will use what > they feel is the most appropriate tool for the job. I even read > somewhere that there was a Tk extension which adds KDE compatibility! > If you can now write KDE apps with Tcl, you certainly will be able to > do so with an enhanced replacement of Qt. > > In short, Harmony should not be a Qt clone, but a better Qt. A better but non-compatible Qt. What's the point? It does not help the needs of the community. A Free Qt clone is needed. Just an observer. -- Li-Cheng Tai (Andy Tai) e-mail: atai@ece.ucsd.edu Free software: the software by the people, of the people and for the people, worldwide. Develop! Share! Enhance! And enjoy!