List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Frameworks with failing CI (master) (7 April 2024)
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-04-10 8:59:31

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 4:33 AM Volker Krause <vkrause@kde.org> wrote:

> On Sonntag, 7. April 2024 23:02:06 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Please work on fixing them, otherwise i will remove the failing CI jobs
> on
> > their 4th failing week, it is very important that CI is passing for
> multiple
> > reasons.
> >
> > Bad news: 3 repositories have started failing
> >
> > kconfigwidgets - NEW
> >  * https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kconfigwidgets/-/pipelines/655246
> >   * klanguagenametest fails in Linux
> >    *
> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kconfigwidgets/-/merge_requests/234
> >

> > kcontacts - NEW
> >  * https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcontacts/-/pipelines/655247
> >   * AddressTest::formatTest fails in FreeBSD
>
> That's the same issue that also hit kitinerary. As I haven't gotten any
> answers for my questions about what changed on the CI there I've now
> disabled
> this test for FreeBSD for kitinerary, I can do the same for KContacts I
> guess.

To give a public answer about this - there was a general image rebuild to
take into account a number of updates to various libraries.
It seems something in the FreeBSD stack has gotten loose as part of this so
we'll need to do some more investigation.

> > kuserfeedback - NEW
> >  * https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kuserfeedback/-/pipelines/655248
> >   * The code requires unreleased versions so flatpak fails
>
> Hm, that's a systematic problem: We cannot do Flatpak builds in a KF
> master
> branch on top of an existing runtime.
>
> Doing Flatpak builds only in the stable branch wont work here given there
> is
> no such branch. So the options I can think of are either building all KF
> dependencies explicitly here rather than using those from the runtime, or
> splitting the management/analytics tools (which is what the Flatpak is
> actually for) from the library.

I'd probably suggest splitting them at this stage given the issues we keep
hitting here...

> Regards,
> Volker

Cheers,