List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Frameworks 6.0.0 is out!
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2024-02-28 13:26:28

Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> Frameworks 6.0.0 is out!  Congrats everyone.
>
> At the meeting yesterday we decided to keep with the 1 monthly schedule.  I'll
> try to nudge people into creating a release team so it's not all dependent on
> 1 person.
>
> David Faure: we talked about having KF5 releases on a less frequent release,
> maybe every 2 or 3 months.  Do you have an opinion here?
>
> We spoke about making a bugfix release of 6.0 in two or three weeks time which
> would mean making Git Frameworks/6.0 branches so bugfixes can go there.  I've
> not done this yet but do let me know if I should.

Is this going to be a stable thing going forward? I'd really hate to create a
translation branch just for a one time need, and just for one week more (if
it's 3 weeks, 4 weeks is 6.1). Let's please try to avoid that.

Why don't just cherry-pick the fixes to the tag, as it was done before, and
create other tags on top of that?

Or just anticipate the release of 6.1.

Ciao
--