List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: 2 kirigami fixes for a point release
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-02-18 20:37:48

El dimarts, 18 de febrer de 2020, a les 4:03:05 CET, Nate Graham va \
escriure:
> On 2020-02-16 14:43, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Maybe i explain myself wrongly, i'm not blaming distros at all.
> >
> > They made a decision, we/I may agree with them or not, that's *my/our* \
> > problem, what I was disagreeing is to us having to do extra work \
> > because someone elses (the distros) decision.
>
> We already do this: it's called the Plasma LTS product. :-) It's been
> specifically created to cater to various distros' desires for an
> extended-support product they can ship to users of their own LTS \
> releases.
> But yes, I can also agree with more tests, better stability, moving to
> GitLab so tests are run before merging, etc. I think we can all agree
> with that.
>
> However all the autotests in the world will not resolve the fundamental
> incompatibility between the Plasma LTS product, which is built around
> the release model of extended, ongoing bugfix releases, and Frameworks,
> which is built around a rolling release model with no bugfix releases at
> all.

I still don't see why this is a problem, as said Plasma depends on a myriad \
of libraries that are building each with their own release model, most \
probably with no bugfix releases at all either.

Incidentally what happens is that those libraries are not buggy, and it \
seems the Plasma-facing parts of KF5 are, well, let's make them not be.

Cheers,
  Albert