List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Regression in Frameworks - DBus Hangs
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-11-16 18:01:43

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 4:30 AM David Edmundson
<david@davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> Don't thank me yet, I locked up one of the build jobs, sorry.
> https://build.kde.org/job/Applications/job/konsole/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.9/380/console

Diagnostic output available from D-Bus:

jenkins@6934489e2599:~> qdbus org.kde.konsole-2448 /MainApplication
org.qtproject.Qt.QCoreApplication.quitLockEnabled
true
jenkins@6934489e2599:~> qdbus org.kde.konsole-2448 /MainApplication
org.qtproject.Qt.QGuiApplication.quitOnLastWindowClosed
true

(Because Jenkins started the container, running gdb to get a backtrace
isn't possible)

Based on this i'd say your theory we have a QEventLoopLocker in play
is probably the right one here.
It's a bit of a workaround, but could the test change to just asking
Konsole to exit rather than close it's window?

> >Pipeline kf5-qt5 SUSEQt5.9
>
> Output isn't too helpful, though I am surprised to see
>  kf5.kinit.klauncher in the logs when I'm supposedly invoking the process directly.

That happens whenever it sees a new name on the D-Bus server, so is
unrelated (you'll see a few towards the start of the DBusTest output -
that was me doing the above and asking it to quit nicely)

> David

Cheers,
Ben