List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    KDE4 build question: turning off hidden visibility?
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-10-11 10:25:32

Hi,

Please excuse me for a question that's not directly related to KF5 frameworks; I \
don't know where else to reach an audience who might know (remember) the answer.

In short: how do I configure a build so it will use default (public) visibility for \
all symbols, preferably without patching something installed by kdelibs?

I'm assisting someone getting a KDE4 project to build on the latest Mac OS (10.14 \
"Mojave") which I cannot currently run myself. The project in question fails with a \
bunch of missing symbol errors at the link stage which I cannot reproduce on the OS \
version I am running myself. Not even when we both use the same stock compiler and \
linker (clang 5/ld64-latest from MacPorts) and, as far as I have seen, identical \
code-generation and linker options. https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57332

This really has me stymied...