List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    [Tutorials] Proposition of tutorial organization
From:       Olivier Churlaud <olivier () churlaud ! com>
Date:       2018-08-20 18:11:10

Dear framework maintainers,

Hidden somewhere on techbase.kde.org, one can find this: \
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials

Not everything is up-to-date nor at the right level.  It's often too complex, not \
showing fully that Framework libs can be used alone (currently it seems that if you \
take one, you need the whole stack).

What I would propose is to move theses tutorials to each repo : for instance the \
tutorials concerning KWallet would be in the kwallet repo, under the examples folder. \
I made a review request here: https://phabricator.kde.org/D14955

Several examples/tutorials can be under each lib. When this exists, the code can be \
used to enhance the API documentation thanks to magic  command "\snippet <sourcefile> \
<topic>" [1] It would be simple to obtain such a tutorial [2] but more easy to find, \
and always up to date.

Please add me in copy if you answer as I'm not part of the mailing list;

Cheers
Olivier

[1] https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/API_Documentation#Nice_way:_.5Csnippet
 [2] https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/First_program