List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    D9070: KDE platform plugin: don't force default stylename on user-specified fonts
From:       René J.V. Bertin <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2018-01-27 11:15:14

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Thanks for the info! So if/hen this goes in, what are the next steps?

  I'd say

  - decide whether this is an issue you want to solve only for plasma environments, \
                or for all platforms where KF5 applications are supported.
  - draw up the conditions under which a stylename has to be set and whether to rely \
                on Qt to do this in those cases.
  - how to avoid the effects of Qt setting a stylename in the conditions where this \
is not a necessity, how to get rid of it reliably etc.
  Optionally, when those things have become clear and have a well-tested \
implementation, try to work with the Qt team to merge any appropriate parts into Qt. \
From what I've seen in the exchanges with them it would be of no use to do this any \
earlier. Their stance seems to be "just don't rely on being able to setBold(true)" or \
any similar attribute change.
  Not that I see how that could be possible, but the observation I posted in my \
previous comment may indicate that there might be a central location after all where \
we could get rid of a stylename (in addition to KFontRequester).

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9070

To: rjvbb, #frameworks, davidedmundson, graesslin, cfeck, dfaure
Cc: abetts, anthonyfieroni, ngraham, cfeck, fvogt, plasma-devel, ZrenBot, progwolff, \
lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, sebas, apol, mart