List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: KGuiAddons and QGestures like tap/click-and-hold to open context menu?
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-03-15 8:27:28

On Wednesday March 15 2017 09:07:48 David Faure wrote:

> Definitely. But there's another solution: QObject::setProperty,
> which supports dynamic properties so you can store anything you want in there.

I did think of something like that, but didn't get around yet to figuring out how.

Any idea how much overhead that  method comes with? A priori I'd just need to store a \
boolean.

Talking about overhead, what would be cheaper, storing the result of a dynamic_cast \
in a temp. variable or calling obj->inherits()? (I could peek at the sources and run \
benchmarks but I'm not convinced it'd be worth the time.)

R.