--001a113db33ea5ad2a054a9df8a0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 4:03 AM, Ren=C3=A9 J.V. Bertin wrote: > Hello, > > The other day I had to add a context menu to a widget (QPushbutton) > defined in a .ui file and went a bit further when I realised it could be > nice to be able to open such a menu without using a right-click or menu > button. After all, not all platforms have a (physical) right mouse button > or a menu key; Macs come to mind but also mobile devices. > The usual way to open the context menu on such platforms is > click/tap-and-hold - I think that was actually introduced in an early Mac > OS X version. > Macs however always have two-fingers secondary click; their magic mouse have both (it's mouse-touchpad hybrid). Worth noting that the tap-and-hold is used only in very few places of the macOS shell, like the bottom launcher and Launchpad, pretty much nothing else accepts tap-and-hold for context menu, certainly not any of the regular apps. So I wouldn't say that is "the usual way" on mac at all. Just to provide some more insight for non-mac folks. Cheers -- Martin Klapetek --001a113db33ea5ad2a054a9df8a0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 = at 4:03 AM, Ren=C3=A9 J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@gmail.com> wr= ote:
Hello,

The other day I had to add a context menu to a widget (QPushbutton) defined= in a .ui file and went a bit further when I realised it could be nice to b= e able to open such a menu without using a right-click or menu button. Afte= r all, not all platforms have a (physical) right mouse button or a menu key= ; Macs come to mind but also mobile devices.=C2=A0

The usual way to open the context menu on such platforms is click/tap-and-h= old - I think that was actually introduced in an early Mac OS X version.

Macs however always have two-fingers= secondary click;
their magic mouse have both (it's mouse-tou= chpad hybrid).

Worth noting that the tap-and-hold = is used only in very few
places of the macOS shell, like the bott= om launcher and=C2=A0
Launchpad, pretty much nothing else accepts= tap-and-hold
for context menu, certainly not any of the regular = apps.
So I wouldn't say that is "the usual way&quo= t; on mac at all.