List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-02-03 10:37:17

On Thursday February 2 2017 21:50:38 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:

> You missed the point. This "bit rot" is not about disk damage but
> about software incompatibility. ZFS doesn't help with that...

You mean diffs that no longer apply cleanly? In that case you missed our point. Being \
able to consult intermediate versions of diffs, abandoned diffs etc. is not to be \
able to apply them "as is". If there were no value in the kind of code those diffs \
(can) contain we'd not be using git or git wouldn't be preserving every single bit of \
history.

Oh well. This is just another expression of FOSS's biggest weakness. Every project \
has this centre-of-the-universe tendency that apparently justifies breaking things \
for large parts of the user base whenever the project feels it's justified.