List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    "Buttons have icons", round N+1
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-13 15:20:19

Hi,

There has been some discussion around one of my RRs concerning how to respect KDE's \
ShowIconsOnPushButtons and Qt's SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons style hint.

The ultimate way would be in the style that does the actual drawing, but that is \
probably not the one with the smallest overhead.

Until now this discussion focussed on kdelibs4support, but I just learned that e.g. \
KMessageBox can also show buttons that have icons despite ShowIconsOnPushButtons \
being false. This happens for instance in the dialog Kate puts up when asked to close \
a file with unsaved changes.

The dialog in question is a KMessageBox with a few KStandardGuiItems.
In a comparable situation, Qt's own code simply doesn't add the standard icons to the \
buttons being created, when SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons is false.

KMessageBox isn't a QDialogButtonBox, but shouldn't it do the same? Would it be \
acceptable to remove the icon in the appropriate KStandardGuiItem methods, or even in \
KGuiItem, when SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons is false, or (rather) when \
ShowIconsOnPushButtons is false?

Regards,
René