List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request 126078: [OS X] modernising the KIdleTime plugin (WIP!)
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-11-19 18:15:39

> Again - this is not against IOKit or what Apple does, but your usage
> of QTimer in your code. RRs are meant for constructive feedback, and

Oh, I can use Grand Central Dispatch if that makes you feel better, but in the end \
something will have to check at certain times of interest whether indeed no events \
have arrived for the period of interest and it is about certain that XSync alarms do \
just that.

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone actually tried to understand what my code really \
does, though. It seems I got myself on the wrong track at some point, and thought up \
a need to use an adaptive polling interval where is probably no need at all to check \
the idle state ahead of the period of interest. In any case not since there's an \
event handler that can serve to reset the timeout measurement.

R.