List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] CI for kf5-qt5 is not green anymore
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-04 9:00:46

On Saturday May 02 2015 09:42:44 Scarlett Clark wrote:
> On Saturday, May 02, 2015 10:20:27 AM David Faure wrote:
> > KMainWindow_UnitTest::testDefaultName() Cannot create window: no screens
> > available
>
> Yes it is a CI issue. We connect to slaves via SSH and therefore GUI is not
> available. I am not a Mac person so this requires the assistance of Mac folks
> to chime in and enlighten me on how to make the GUI available to jenkins via
> SSH. Or perhaps we should be launching via java web start like we have to on
> Windows.

If that test above (and others) require a GUI session you'll probably have to create \
one over VNC; I don't see how java web start would help (unless it provides a VNC \
channel). I cannot check right now (Bradley's "macports" VM is unreachable), but IIRC \
Qt5 applications can be started over a separate SSH connection regardless of whether \
the user's GUI session is actually connected to anything. If the CI machine (another \
one of Bradley's VMs, no?) only serves for this, you could consider letting the CI \
user auto-login after boot, that way the session ought to be available always.

R.