On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Alex Merry <alex.merry@kde.org> wrote:
On 2014-09-17 10:47, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
Hi all,

I just prepared moving kglobalacceld from plasma-workspace into kglobalaccel.
You can find the code in my personal clone of kglobalaccel at [1] in branch
master.

The following steps were performed so far:
* filter-branch on plasma-workspace to just have all kglobalacceld commits
* move all files to src/runtime
* merge code in kglobalaccel
* adjust CMakeLists to find additionally needed dependencies for runtime part
* raise tier to 3 in metadata

Please have a look at it, whether I have forgotten something or should do
something differently.

Git history looks sensible.

Things I'm unsure about is:
* how does the raise of framework needs to be reflected in cmake

It doesn't.

* how do one expose the different licences?

A License section in README.md?

* is it needed to export the new dependencies? After all they are just runtime
deps?

No, because they are not needed at compile-time by software that uses KGlobalAccel.

Do we want an option to disable compilation of the runtime? Is the runtime needed on all platforms? I seem to remember some discussion suggesting it either wasn't or needn't be, but I can't remember the details.

Alex

Quoting from IRC just now: "<jleclanche> we'd like to use it [kglobalaccel] in lxqt, but the framework is useless without its client atm"

Martin - what's the status of this? Is any help needed? Can we get this into Frameworks 5.6?

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer