On 7 January 2014 23:52, Alex Merry wrote: > If these additions are something that applications would need to be > aware of, I see no issue with creating a wrapper class or some such > as-and-when we find a use for one. > > If they are something that would be hidden to applications, would you > consider having platform integration hooks in QPrinter for that sort of > thing? The idea is to add things without the app needing to know or worry about, and without having to go through every app and re-code to use a new wrapper (I did that for 4.0 and 4.2, never again!). On the other hand, without knowing what those requirements might be it's a bit much to assume that the current wrapper will meet those needs. Platform hooks are possible, we have a QPA plugin for printing, but would need to be done in a cross-platform way, and until those needs arise we don't know what shape it would need to take. For color management, the idea was an extra tab would be automatically added to the dialog if color management was configured, which would then query the config for the colorspace to use and do some magic to apply it. However the proposal we discussed at the Color Management hack-fest does rely on an obscure build-time dependency and a PDF based workflow using Ghostscript that I'm really not keen on. It's also requires a decision to support Oyranos and/or colord in the core that I don't think we're ready to make yet, or indeed have the abstraction classes to do so. I think for now it's better if the Oyranos and colord camps provide their own tab widgets that apps can choose to use to configure things, and then the app takes care of deciding on color management support and workflow. I'll look again at adding the color OutputIntent to Qt's PDF support, but I'd have to do that using a QString for the ICC Profile name, when I'd rather wait until we have a proper QIccProfile class to use. Sigh, so may tasks, so little time... Anyway, far too much detail for here, I think I'm convincing myself that it's less useful to keep the empty wrapper around for now, it may be better moved to KDE4Support, along with KPrintPreview, leaving an empty repo. John. _______________________________________________ Kde-frameworks-devel mailing list Kde-frameworks-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-frameworks-devel