List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Framework metadata
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-12-19 8:22:36

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin@kde.org> wrot=
e:
> On Wednesday 18 December 2013 21:35:33 Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
>> >
>> > I believe this was already done before the split.
>>
>> I added COPYING files in each frameworks which have GPL files, COPYING.L=
IB
>> files in frameworks with LGPL files and COPYING.GPL3 in two repos.
>>
>> afaik, the BSD and MIT/X11 licensed files don't need a full text license=
 and
>> the MPL and BSD-3 clauses files almost all have a dual license.
>>
>> Now, we also have countless problematic files which don't have any licen=
se
>> or bogus headers.
>>
>> See the attached file (created before the split)
> thanks for the list. Looking at it, it seems to be dominated by code in
> testing. Can we resolve those by just declare them as non-copyrightable (=
below
> threshold of originality).
>
> What strikes me is that there's one file I recently pushed and our git sy=
stem
> didn't complain. I would have expected that a file without copyright cann=
ot be
> pushed.

The hooks do not consider it a fatal condition if a file does not have
copyright data attached.
However, they will flag it in the commit mail sent to
kde-commits@kde.org, and a copy of the mail will also be explicitly
sent to you.

It is also possible of course that the regexp's in the hooks aren't up
to the job.

Which commit introduced the file?

> Cheers
> Martin