List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Framework diagrams
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-12-05 8:22:44

Le jeudi 5 d=E9cembre 2013 08:38:18 Kevin Ottens a =E9crit :
> On Wednesday 04 December 2013 23:58:14 Aur=E9lien G=E2teau wrote:
> > Le mercredi 4 d=E9cembre 2013 18:36:25 Aur=E9lien G=E2teau a =E9crit :
> > > I am considering generating simpler diagrams by hiding the framework
> > > targets. Hopefully it will make the big diagram more readable.
> > =

> > Just implemented this ^, which is what Kevin suggested if I got it
> > correctly. The images in http://agateau.com/tmp/kf5 have been updated. =
Big
> > ones like kf5.png or tier3-kdewebkit.png are still frightening, but more
> > of
> > them are now readable. At least all tier2 and some tier3 diagrams are O=
K.
> > =

> > It is still possible to include targets if necessary, using
> > the new --detailed option of kf5dot-generate.
> =

> Very nice job! Looking randomly at a few, I see dnssd is claimed to depend
> only on Qt. Was it a mistake to put it in tier 2 or a bug in the script?

If I am not mistaken, dnssd is tier2 because one of the backends it uses =

depends on tier1, but it is not the backend used on my machine, so this doe=
s =

not appear in the diagram. Might be worth looking at whether we can add an =

option to build both, if not for the diagram, it would be good for CI.

Aur=E9lien