List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Reminder: use KF5::foo instead of ${foo_LIBRARIES} in CMakeLists
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-09-26 20:40:24

On Thursday 26 September 2013, Aur=E9lien G=E2teau wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 September 2013 18:08:31 you wrote:
> [snip]
> =

> > Do we know why do we need the KF5:: namespacing?
> =

> I guess it is to avoid confusion: some frameworks are prefixed with 'k' b=
ut
> others are not (frameworkintegration, itemmodels, itemviews, solid, sonne=
t,
> threadweaver, xmlgui).
> =

> It's true we wouldn't have this problem if we were not using namespaces
> though...

The namespacing is there to give the reader a hint that this thing is not =

simply the basename of a library, but an (imported) target.

If you would simply use e.g. "solid", if the target has, for whatever reaso=
n, =

not been imported, cmake would consider it as the basename of a library and =

add -lsolid, and it may work or not.
CMake will actually do the same with "KF5::solid", but at least for the rea=
der =

it should give a strong hint that this is not the basename of a library.

Alex