List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Reminder: use KF5::foo instead of ${foo_LIBRARIES} in CMakeLists
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-09-26 14:32:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 5:10 AM, David Edmundson <david@davidedmundson.co.uk
> wrote:

> Is there anything preventing us from using the ALIAS target right now?
>
> It's in the git version. The build guide say to get cmake from git.
> kdesrc-build gets it from git, and build.kde.org uses git latest.
>
> I just set KWindowSystem to have an alias and tried building
> knotifications. It worked beautifully, http://paste.kde.org/pde423295
> Both full kdelibs built as well as knotifiications standalone, which
> previously failed. It even helped me find a missing find_package(!)
> that would have otherwise gone unnoticed till we split, which would
> have a been a real nuisance.
>
> Doing this will allow us to make sure each tierN module actually
> builds standalone, and saves us having to set all the lib names twice
> if we are porting to KF5::LibName eventually.
>
> Downside is people using old cmake will need to sort themselves out
> and upgrade. (including project-neon-5)
>
> David

Well, it's a bit of a burden to depend on git versions of cmake, that's why
it's not being used so far. Personally, my plan was to do all the splitting
now and then think about building things separately once everything is
split.

I see that it's annoying for you to work like that, so I don't have a
problem with using newer cmake versions and get rid of this problem once
and for all.

Aleix