List:       kde-finance-apps
Subject:    Re: GSoC '21 KMyMoney : I am stuck.
From:       Thomas Baumgart <thb () net-bembel ! de>
Date:       2021-06-16 17:01:05

On Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021 18:32:42 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto wrote:

> > This may depend on what you are doing to get to the crash. I simply open
> > the online quotes settings and press the New button at the top of that
> > dialog and immediately get the crash. Doing so, I could trace back the
> > problem to a nullptr assignment.
> Hello,
> I guess the problem starts with this line
> main.cpp:351  const int rc = a.exec();
> exec() is a qt function so that shouldn't be creating the problem and I am
> unable to find which null pointer assignment is creating the segmentation
> fault.
>
> > Not knowing your environment it is hard to comment on this. I do my
> > debugging mainly in KDevelop and don't have problems with a freezing
> > application.
>
> I am using KDevelop. I figured out that, it works fine now.

Let the application run in KDevelop's Debug mode. At some point it will
crash. This will let you inspect the state (variables, backtrace, etc.)
of the application.

Look at the local variables. What is the value of 'this'? Does that make sense?
It chokes inside the method AlkOnlineQuotesProfile::type() which gets called
from AlkOnlineQuoteSource ctor in line 230. Which object is pointed to when
calling type()? Which value does this pointer have? Where is it initialized?

These are the questions you want to answer and then walk the stack backwards.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

"The flame that burns twice as bright
burns half as long." ― Lao Tzu, Te Tao Ching