List:       kde-finance-apps
Subject:    Re: GSoC: KMyMoney - Replace functions related to widgets from alkimia
From:       Thomas Baumgart <thb () net-bembel ! de>
Date:       2021-06-11 20:14:52

On Donnerstag, 10. Juni 2021 20:51:16 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto wrote:

> Hello,
> For the first week, I have been trying to replace the existing functions of
> kmymoneysettings.cpp with member functions of alkonlinequoteswidget class.
> For example :
>
> void KSettingsOnlineQuotes::resetConfig()
> {
>     Q_D(KSettingsOnlineQuotes);
>     QStringList::ConstIterator it;
>     QStringList groups = WebPriceQuote::quoteSources();
>     // delete all currently defined entries
>     for (it = groups.constBegin(); it != groups.constEnd(); ++it) {
>         WebPriceQuoteSource(*it).remove();
>     }
>     // and write back the one's from the reset list
>     QList<WebPriceQuoteSource>::ConstIterator itr;
>     for (itr = d->m_resetList.constBegin(); itr !=
> d->m_resetList.constEnd(); ++itr) {
>         (*itr).write();
>     }
>     loadList();
> }
> This function can be completely replaced by the usage of
> AlkOnlineQuotesWidget::resetConfig()
> ;
> this function on a AlkOnlineQuotesWidget object.
>
> I wanted to ask if I have figured out this in the correct way or not?

To me it looks like the whole KSettingsOnlineQuotes class needs to be
replaced with AlkOnlineQuotesWidget, not only single methods.

I conclude this from looking at

https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/blob/master/kmymoney/dialogs/settings/ksettingskmymoney.cpp#L27

and compare it with

https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/blob/4.8/kmymoney/kmymoney.cpp#L2540