List:       kde-faq
Subject:    Re: [Kde-faq] My "Button mapping" is shaded!
From:       Lee Wee Tiong <t29v1051 () ip ! media ! kyoto-u ! ac ! jp>
Date:       2000-12-01 21:37:20

Dear Erik,

> I'm lefthanded and would like to remap the mousebuttons in KDE to make the right
> mousebutton work like the default leftbutton and the left mousebutton to work
> like the default right mosebutton. But that option is shaded!? I've logged in as
> a standard user, in Gnome it works perfect but with KDE it's shaded. How come?
> I've studied your FAQ's and I've not found any answer there yet. It would be
> good if you could help me as I intend to use KDE.

I don't know why KDE doesn't let you configure that option, but a
generic way would be to execute

	xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"

Please refer to "man xmodmap" for more details.

--
LWT

Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is
the fragile blossom that opens in the snow. -Alice M. Swaim