List:       kde-faq
Subject:    [Kde-faq] 2.2. What does the K in KDE stand for?
From:       Blubb () t-online ! de (Franz Hoffmann)
Date:       2000-11-23 19:23:02

Hi!

I just wanted to propose a correction to the KDE-FAQ:

> 2.2. What does the K in KDE stand for?
> Nothing. It is simply the K Desktop Environment, just like the X
> in the X Window System™.

I don't think this ist completely true. In fact, when the KDE-Project
was started, the K stood for "Kool". Have a look at the original
news-article that started it all, for example at:

http://www.via.ecp.fr/lyx/archive/9610/msg00368.html

In my opinion, you should not just say that K stands for nothing, just
because "Kool" isn't cool any more ;-)

BTW: what does the G in GNU stand for?
<g>