List:       kde-extra-gear
Subject:    Re: [Kde-extra-gear] Extragear tarballs
From:       "Ian Monroe" <ian () monroe ! nu>
Date:       2008-07-08 18:21:20

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Tom Albers <tomalbers@kde.nl> wrote:>
> The extragear release project aims for making tarballs, creating a place for them \
> for users to download and to save time for maintainers organizing a release. All \
> three items have already been done by you. There is nothing to do for Digikam...
> Toma

There was some talk of releasing the latest-stable-version of an
Extragear app with a KDE release. Since this is a beta release and
Digikam will still be beta by 4.1 I'd guess, this probably isn't a
good example of this. :)

But the basic principal of releasing already-produced tarballs with a
KDE release as a form of promotion might make sense in other
instances. (Eg Digikam and Amarok with 4.2)

Ian