--nextPart9609754.BlFAB5WV0y Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Hi, Most of what aaron replied is valid, I won't repeat them. But I've some remarks: > a) Continue to make rolling your own tarball of your Ex- > tragear application trivial by offering maintainers > the necessary tools in the form of handy scripts. Yes, that's what i've done with the createtarball script. > b) Allow Extragear teams to publish and host these re- > lease tarballs on ftp.kde.org, I thought there was a mechanism in place to do that. I will try to find out how that works/still exists and post it here. > turning their page on > http://extragear.kde.org into the authoritative > source for the application if they so desire. What is keeping you from that? Afaik you can request access to the extragear pages if you are working there and make a section for your website. Not sure what's wrong with that. > If we can get it to the point where an Extragear main- > tainer who doesn't want to spend significant effort on > his own infrastructure only needs to run a few simple > scripts to roll a tarball and publish the release on > the Extragear pages, we (a) avoid the rollup mess and > (b) remove the reasons why maintainers want the release > team to do the work for them. The rollup is not a mess in any way, we are just figuring out what the best approach is and tune this bit by bit. We provide the infrastructure for keg-applications (svn/a translation system/ml if needed/etc), rollups should - and are - part of that. You don't have to use it. Toma --nextPart9609754.BlFAB5WV0y Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ Kde-extra-gear mailing list Kde-extra-gear@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-extra-gear --nextPart9609754.BlFAB5WV0y--