List:       kde-extra-gear
Subject:    [Kde-extra-gear] Rethinking position on trunk x branches
From:       Helio Chissini de Castro <helio () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-13 13:54:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi people ( again )

Sharing ideas with some guys, specially the translators around me and
sysadmin, i will step up on the subject and change the idea about branch for
kde4.

Please follow this line of thinking: Doesn't make sense develop old ( as a
current release ) kde3 development on trunk HEAD and put the new ( as a
future release ) on branch.
We're rowling against flow, since translator always look for head and one
stable branch.
Creating the kde4 branch, we will create a 3rd copy of keg, and probably we
will loose people because or lack of motivation or simple basic confusion on
where to get and put things...

So let's put the things on the right path.
Trunk will be kde4.
branches/stable to continue develop against kde3 ? Dirk, some suggestion ?

My only question is, how much time you want to prepare for this move.
I want to do it asap, on next monday, as in term of official announce and help
to port cmake things.

So, thanks for all listening and let's start the cry out :-)

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Project South America Primary Contact