List:       kde-events
Subject:    [Kde-events] Fwd: [kde-promo] Professional promotion for KDE
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-07 13:30:40

Subject: [kde-promo] Professional promotion for KDE
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:58:11 -0400
From: Agnieszka Czajkowska <agnieszka@imagegalaxy.de>
To: kde-promo@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de

Hello all!

Some of you might have noticed, that there was a discussion if KDE would
need a professional advertising campagne. This will include flyers, posters,
name cards, etc., which cannot be produced with open source software. Some
protectionists might have a problem with that, but there's no alternative.
Please dont start any flame wars, as most of you are not designers and don't
know very much about print publication.

However, doing a professional campagne is not something that can be done in
free time. It takes lots of time and work, so that we wouldn't make it to
LinuxTag anyway, but we need a day to start.

Those ppl who are willing to do the job, must be payed. I heard of a thing
called KDE-League that could support it financially... Hopefully.

We'd need a bunch of ppl who work in a team and have knowhow in graphic
design and (pre) print. It must be organized, what exactly each member has
to do. Most of you know that I do lots of drawing stuff but I have a company
that provides graphic design for screens and prints. I can help out then, if
nesscerary.

Regards,
Agnieszka. (Aga_C)

--
IMAGEgalaxy  - Artwork and Web Design from Outer Space
http://www.imagegalaxy.de