Hello, Alexandra Leisse wrote: > Roland and me put together a lovely dot-story to make you all happy. > Please have a look at it, make suggestions and correct any possible > mistake. Cool. I enjoyed LinuxTag and meeting you both and the rest of the crew. :-) I've mixed in English corrects below. I hope the formatting doesn't be mangled in transit. -------------------------------------------------------- > *KDE at LinuxTag 2008 in Berlin* > > KDE was quite busy at LinuxTag this year. We showed presence with two We were present with two > booths - Amarok and KDE - and a whole bunch of talks within our own > track. Additionall, Aaron Seigo gave a brilliant keynote on wednesday Additionally > and painted a vibrant vision of the desktop of the future in a mobile > world, and the direction KDE is going to head to. world, and the direction KDE is heading in. > > *Talks* > > Sebastian Kügler was track opener on Friday morning with an > introduction to KDE 4.0. As Sebatian Trueg couldn't make it to Berlin > Aaron jumped in again and talked about [the Plasma basics I think]. He > was followed by Till Adam who presented the possibilities of Akonadi's > storage concept and the future of KDE's Personal Information > Management suite. > > After lunch Ellen Reitmeyer talked about usability concepts in KDE and > the efforts the team undertakes to incorporate them with the desktop the efforts the team undertakes to incorporate them into the desktop > and the applications. Franz Keferboeck gave an overwiew over KOffice's and applications. Franz Keferboeck gave an overview of KOffice's > apps and introduced the audience to the new features KOffice 2 will apps and introduced the audience to the new features that will come with KOffice 2. > come along with. The final applause went to Lydia Pintscher and Harald > Sitter for their talk on KDE multimedia [and Amarok2]. > > *Booths* > > Both booths were well manned and even better visited. The interested > crowd asked zillions of questions and was very eager to see the newest > and latest features, goodies and bling of KDE 4.1. Other visitors came [choose newest or latest. perhaps a word other than 'bling' is more suitable] > by to share ideas or suggestions, and altogether they gave a wonderful by to share ideas or suggestions, and altogether they gave wonderful > feedback. The booth staff talked their heads off patiently and tried > to answer all questions, satisfy everyone's curiosity and sometimes > even find a solution to the users' problems that popped up once in a > while. The booth staff was also supported most of the time by some of > the developers who did a great job dealing with bug reports right at > the booth. > > Many thanks to all who helped and supported us and make this LinuxTag possible. -------------------------------------------------------- I agree with Alex. It might be worth mentioning the community building aspect and that this was the first time for some people to attend a KDE booth, and certainly the first time that a lot of people had meet each other face to face. cheers, -- Simon Edwards | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall simon@simonzone.com | http://www.simonzone.com/software/ Nijmegen, The Netherlands | "ZooTV? You made the right choice." _______________________________________________ Kde-events mailing list Kde-events@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-events