List:       kde-events
Subject:    [Kde-events] Re: [RFC] geographical, etc. info about kde developers and more
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-31 16:31:57

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> while trying to find somebody to drive to linuxtag with (still searching
> - anybody from berlin and south/east of it is welcome to contact me :)
> i found it rather hard to find the people, although i'm quite sure they
> exist. :/
> so i think it would make sense to have a database with some personal
> data about the people somehow involved in kde.

There's already that map of the world with x-es marking the spots KDE
people are in. It was last sighted on a website Chris H was working on. I
forget whose idea it originally was. Anyway, there's already a lot of data
there (I know I gave my latitude and longitude) and if we could find it
again along with the scripts for putting X-es on the map *and* perhaps
some better (zoomed) maps (holland is just one big smudge, what with Rom &
Martijn & Bruggie & Rinse & me around here), we'd have something useful
already.

[ade]

Drat, I think I just sent a "it would be cool if ..." mail without
providing a patch.