List:       kde-events
Subject:    General Event Organization (financial backing) [was: Re: [Kde-events] T-Shirts]
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-02 23:05:14

On Saturday 02 February 2002 23:52, you wrote:
>On Saturday 02 February 2002 7:32 pm, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
>> I was wondering who was responsible for the creation of the T-Shirts. They
>> look like a rip from qwertz' KDE3 development Splash and in fact it looks
>> nice. Could be an option for new t-shirts for expos in other countries
>> such as Germany or the US. Was it a coordinated effort with the
>> KDE-League?
>
>A member of kde-francophone (Gerard Delafond) made all the T-Shirts
>personnally at home.
>I think we already talked about the problem of having nothing for the expos
>but the League does not bother to help.

It does. You just have to communicate your demands and needs by CCing the
appropriate messages to pour@kdeleague.org

>Last year I prepared a bit the London Linux Expo and was shocked to see that
>the KDE people at the booth had to find and bring everything by themselves:
>posters, flyers, T-Shirts (Jono had some old ones that were re-used),
>laptops.....

It's common to reuse stuff as long as it is not way out of date (in terms of
KDE's "Corporate Itentity" and such)

>In May, I will go to the Birmingham expo but if I go by train, I won't be
>able to bring kilos of flyers and such, poorly printed on my small HP
>inkjet....... It's already quite difficult for people to assume the cost of
>going to the expo. I personally cannot ask for sponsors as I am quite new in
>England and have noone to contact.

that's what kde-events and the league should be for. You should also try to
contact local bureaus of league members.

>The Paris KDE booth was very nice because some very dedicated people took a
>lot of time to prepare things.

Yes, here in germany, tackat, our well know artist, prepares the stuff, for
example he prepared a quite huge (A2 IIRC) printout of a common KDE 2.2.2
desktop as boothdeco and eyecatcher.

>I don't know what this list is for neither kde-promo because each time we
>mention a problem, there is no feedback at all.

In these cases, personal mails commonly help, *pushing people* is a common
business here, I know :/

>So, the question is: what can people preparing booths in expos ask for to
>KDE-League? Are there T-Shirts, flyers and so?
>If yes, who shall we ask?

For the flyers, we should coordinate stuff, Tackat? T-Shirts should also be
done centrally, for CI's sake. Again: Tackat? Andreas?

>If no, is it for KDE people at the booth to pay for stuff in addition to the
>cost of coming to the expo?

Larger costs can be covered by the League or KDE e.V. It's as simple as asking
the responsible persons first.

This is:

KDE League: Andreas Pour <pour@kdeleague.org> (esp. for larger projects can be
payed via the Leagues Credit Card, needs coordination)

KDE e.V.: Mirko Boehm <boehm@home.com>

And please keep in mind to use the list also for such mails, otherwise, the
same question arise again and again...

I will CC this mail to all responsible people to comment on this and / or
correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

</daniel>

--