List:       kde-events
Subject:    [Kde-events] KDE @ Linux booth at the Comtec
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-10-17 8:46:58

Hello,

the Comtec fair in Dresden/Germany will happen from November 1 to 3 2001.
(www.messe-comtec.de)
The LUG-DD got a booth there to present free software which gets hopefully
deployed by the exhibitors and the visitors.
Please note that this is not a KDE specific event, other free software will
get its share too.
We'll show a terminal system running KDE 2.1.1 (as used in schools here), a
default 2.2 installation, and some 3.0pre stuff for the interested.
We didn't present KOffice last year, so this is due now ;) Many people were
interested in development and multimedia apps, so we'll focus on that too.
Another goal is to show the flexibility of KDE, which we demonstrate by both
hacking live and explaining our own involvments so the visitors (among which
are many IT professionals) learn how easy it is to support KDE in terms of
code and whatnot.

I know there are other events around that time so this is primarily meant for
people from that area who want to stop by. I'm going to upload some photos
during these days somewhere.

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net