List:       kde-events
Subject:    Re: [Kde-events] Status: SYSTEMS 2001 Munich
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-10-06 19:36:37

Hi,

On Saturday 06 October 2001 17:58, Rainer Endres wrote:
> I have not been to Systems so far, but AFAIK it is more
> specialized on bussines than CeBIT. So I think even with having a
> booth in the LinuxPark, Ralfs suggestions for clothing and
> appeareance apply here, too. I summary: Let's try to look
> professional :)
Yup :)

> I am also working on some presentation for KDE/KOffice to give a
> quick overview.
Cool!

> Concerning the computers I would suggest to use _only_ the three
> computers with the LCDs for presentation, demonstration, etc.
> until somebody asks for KDE3. There should not be _any_ unstable
> version, _any_ decoration other than the standard or _any_
> modifications to the normal stuff. It was very annoying during
> Linuxtag, not to have _one_ stable system to show anything.
YES, seconded!! I *fully* support this! I can't say how embarrassing it was to
show a crashing KDE, missing some core apps, to the ppl on LinuxTag :(

> Concerning KDE3, can somebody please explain to me, what we can
> show beside a _very_ unstable system?
Hmm, _very_ unstable? I use it daily without any crashes so far...

> I think we should focus on
> the stable platform we have, wich will be included in all newer
> distros until the middle of next year. (Sorry danimo :)
Yes, sounds good. IMHO we should even compile from source since this gives us
the most stable KDE (sorry Danimo ;)

Ciao,
  Michael

--
       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.