List:       kde-enterprise
Subject:    "Linux means good weather in IT-land" -- the KNMI saga starts now
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2004-05-19 9:30:08

[ some innocent crossposting ahead ]
[ cc-ed Arjan as I think he is not on these lists ]

Hi all,

The Dutch KDE[1] team has contacted KNMI wrt the published case study[2]. We
can say that is was a success and Arjan is looking through his massive
ammount of notes he made.

As stated in the case study they are using 120 machines with KDE 3.1/ RH 7.1
Arjan found out that they consider migrating to a later RH version or a SUSE
and again with the KDE desktop. (happy joy joy)

I'm all excited about this and I have some ideas wrt interview Arjan made:

1) We want the Dutch press to take notice so maybe we should contact them
   (think: national newspapers)

2) Maybe we should publish this in LinuxMagazine
    (Dutch version of magazine[3]

3) Maybe we should get this published in C't [4]

4) Just publish it "tout court" on http://enterprise.kde.org and make sure it
recieves proper attention on several sites.

With option 2 en 3 i think it will be possible to make money out of the
publication and with option 2 we even retain copyright and the right to
publsih it on our own website (with C't I don't know)

Option 4 should always be done. So we need to retain the right to publish it
on http://enterprise.kde.org whatever we choose.

Regards,

Fabrice

[1] http://www.kde.nl