List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    D29440: Move 2 logging statements from debug to info. printed only once per focus session.
From:       Doug Summers <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2020-05-05 18:08:22

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

dmsummers added a comment.

  Absolutely!    Developers debug until their algorithms actually work.    Users are \
not developers.   They presume algorithms work and just monitor/analyze performance \
for tuning purposes.    These use cases are very fundamentally different.    No user \
wants to wade through tons of debug to get summary data they need for performance \
analysis.   Another analysis example illustrates the point.    I use PHD2 not because \
I don't like the internal guider, but because there's a post analysis tool \
(logViewer) that can show how guiding performed (and whether I need to tune or not).  \
That's not debugging.    The first rule of performance assessment/improvement is \
measurement.   Without the summary measurements, it's hard to improve.   I suggest \
the vision for INFO level should be to support performance assessment and aid users \
in tuning/improvement.    Cheers,  Doug

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars

REVISION DETAIL