List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: Season of KDE 2020
From:       Gopi Manohar Tatiraju <deathcoderx () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-01-21 5:05:40

Hello,
I want to contribute to KDE. I am well versed with programming but I am new
to open source contributions. I have some doubts regarding the process.

   - How to test the changes we made in the code. I mean, lets consider the
   example of ROCS( https://kde.org/applications/education/org.kde.rocs). I
   made some changes in the code, now how to test if those changes are
   actually applied or not. When we write code we see output on output wind=
ows
   but here how to see those changes?
   - Are there any specific IDEs for these purpose.

Thank you in advance for your help.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 8:51 PM Gopi Manohar Tatiraju <deathcoderx@gmail.co=
m>
wrote:

> Hey!!
> Thank you for your reply. I will start with small changes and I will also
> put up a mail at *KDE-edu, *so that I can get a better understanding of
> working of the software.
> Regards,
> Gopi Tatiraju
>
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 1:18 AM Caio Tonetti <caio.tonetti@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> This is good, ROCS still need lots of improvements!
>> And yes, this is a error that happens a lot in rocs, that algorithm that
>> position the nodes need some
>> improvements. Moreover, the graph view needs a lot of fixing (for bad
>> mouse clicks) and other problems.
>> The positioning of the nodes can be dealt separately from the fixing of
>> the graph view, as there exist
>> many difficult algorithms for fast positioning of nodes.
>>
>> For the mentoring, yes, I am listed as the mentor, but there are many
>> interested in this project.
>> I recommend a simple (not necessarily related to the project)
>> contribution to rocs just to show your interest
>> and knowledge of the basics.
>>
>> If you want more discussions, please send an email to *KDE-edu*, so the
>> other developers of ROCS can also
>> be part.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Caio Tonetti
>>
>> Em ter., 17 de dez. de 2019 =C3=A0s 12:03, Gopi Manohar Tatiraju <
>> deathcoderx@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>> I want to work on improving Rsoc in Season Of KDE 2020.
>>> I went through the software and ran some examples.
>>> The first and foremost issue that I faced was, the first graph which we
>>> put on the screen, even when we do it via Generate Graph option in tool=
>>> due to some error it places the graph at wrong coordinates.
>>>
>>> I want to start working on this project. As you are the listed mentor
>>> for this project, I just wanted to inform you of my interest in this
>>> project. Also some discussion on how to overcome these issues will be v=
ery