List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Aw: Re: contribute to the cantor
From:       "Alexander Semke" <alexander.semke () web ! de>
Date:       2017-10-24 11:31:10

maybe at similar projects (free and commercial) and compare the current feature set \
of Cantor with the features available in other products. I think especially for \
Cantor&#39;s worksheet there is a lot to improve here and it would be greate to \
collect first the list of the most relevant features that we miss. Since you are \
coming from the python community, maybe you can start with comparing Cantor with \
Jupyter and identify the potential gaps.</div>

TODO-list:</div>

many use-cases. But sometimes it is required to write and execute a &quot;blank&quot; \
script - for this the support in Cantor is very limited at the moment. This is also \
something where we need to improve in future.</div>

need to become familiar with this language and especially with Qt if you also want to \
contribute to the code. For this it&#39;s best to start working on smaller fixes and \
features in Cantor first.</div>

border-left:2px solid #C3D9E5; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; \
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"> <div style="margin:0 0 10px \
cantor</div>

Are you using Cantor? Maybe is there any bug you would like to fix or<br/>
any feature you would like to implement?<br/>
Tell us and we can help you to find something to do.<br/>
Cheers;<br/>
Em 23-10-2017 10:07, Rishabh Gupta escreveu:<br/>
&gt; Hi,<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; That&#39;s great :)<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Cantor is written in Cpp and makes use of Qt framework<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; You can have a look at projects page<br/>
&gt; &lt;<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/50/" \
target="_blank">https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/50/</a>&gt; and work \
board<br/> &gt; &lt;<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/50/" \
target="_blank">https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/50/</a>&gt; to look at the \
tasks and<br/> &gt; work according to what suits you or choose a bug to solve from \
the bugs<br/> &gt; page &lt;<a \
href="https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=cantor" \
target="_blank">https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=cantor</a>&gt;<br/> \
&gt;<br/> &gt; &lt;<a href="https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=cantor" \
target="_blank">https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=cantor</a>&gt;<br/> &gt; \
If you don&#39;t already have the repo, you can clone it from here<br/> &gt; &lt;<a \
href="https://cgit.kde.org/cantor.git/" \
target="_blank">https://cgit.kde.org/cantor.git/</a>&gt; . The repo has a Design file \
that<br/> &gt; explains how Cantor works<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Since you said you are a Python developer, there are two tasks related<br/>
&gt; to it, port Python 2 to QProcess &lt;<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/T6113" \
target="_blank">https://phabricator.kde.org/T6113</a>&gt; and<br/> &gt; Port python 3 \
to QProcess &lt;<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/T6114" \
&gt; &lt;<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/T6114" \
&gt; Feel free to ask for help<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Cheers,<br/>
&gt; Rishabh<br/>
&gt; &lt;<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/T6114" \
&gt; On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 1:28 AM, Barbara Moraes Vicente<br/>
&gt; &lt;bar.mvicente@gmail.com &lt;mailto:bar.mvicente@gmail.com&gt;&gt; wrote:<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; Hello,<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; I would like contribute to the cantor, I am a Python developer.<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; What can I do to contribute?<br/>
&gt;<br/>
&gt; --<br/>